Monday, May 21, 2012

Why Yellow Mondays?

This blog has been started in memory of my daughter, Harlow. On Monday, April 2, 2012 my world was forever changed. Heaven and earth collided and my husband and I were blessed with our beautiful little girl, a true angel (stillborn at 28 wks gestation). She was to be our sunshine in all the rain in our lives… so it was no surprise that after being bathed the nurses brought her back to us in a sweet little yellow crocheted gown. It was perfect. She was perfect. And as we were able to have her in our arms and by our side for hours, we learned a deeper love. The hurt that was felt as we walked away from that hospital with empty arms was like nothing anyone should ever experience. Shortly after I started wearing yellow every Monday, for her. My family started to catch on and then others in my life started to catch on and have been joining in! It was an amazing feeling, to see she had touched so many lives already. I then realized that “Yellow Monday’s” were not just for my sweet little girl, but for all the children lost too soon. My goal in starting this blog is to reach out to as many people in this country/world as we can… to share our story, to help families of angels, to touch lives, and to remember all the babies that we miss so much! They are the true light in our lives, the light that keeps us going during our darkest moments. Please share this blog and tell others about Yellow Monday’s, and maybe they’ll join in and wear yellow as well!!

*Yellow Monday's aren't just for friends and family either... we'd love to see it shared in the work place and get more people involved!*
If you do, email your yellow Monday picture to me at heartwoodproject@yahoo.com and I will try to post them on here as soon as I can! LETS REMEMBER OUR ANGELS, LETS MAKE THEM PROUD!

–my personal blog of our story and journey is www.babyrocketfield.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment