Friday, June 22, 2012

Bringing some sunshine into your life


Angel Mom's have been through a lot and often carry the weight of their journey on their shoulders. It may be out in the open (like mine when I blog) or hidden (like I try to do while working) but... it's there. Wearing your Yellow on Monday's can truly lift their spirit, when they know what you're wearing it for!! So don't be afraid to inform someone who is an angel mom about our Yellow Monday's Project! I know that when I walk into work on Monday and some of the girls I work with are wearing their yellow... my heart smiles!!

I also find that wearing Yellow and honoring my sweet girl brings a little sunshine to my life as I start my week. Monday's are no longer the worst day of the week to me!! I hope that others will share this project and try it out... make your angels proud!! 


This guy even jumps in! -I keep seeing a butterfly just like this in our yard, and then on my run the other day!

SO I have decided to do a 10K race (just over 6 miles) and I'm really excited about it. I am not a great runner, and I am kind of slow, but I love to feel healthy and in shape. This is my kick to start eating clean and working out again... I think that grief can really weigh you down so it's important to NOT forget about your health and your pride in yourself. This race is called the Race For Grief. It is for pregnancy and infant loss and is just 5 days after Harlow's due date!! Truly a difficult month for me, but I have started feeling a little more "alive" as I've been taking care of myself and running. There is no doubt in my mind that she will be with me!! I am excited to say that my employers will be sponsoring me & we're having t-shirts made in YELLOW of course!!! and then I went on the races fb page and what do you know... their t-shirts this year are yellow!! Could it be any more perfect?! I mean really!! I am so excited and I hope that being sick this week wont slow my training down too much!

Here's the website:

Here's the Facebook page:

A short video to show last years event:

This race will surely be done in love!! 







*some of the links posted have stopped working so I will be fixing them this weekend*



No comments:

Post a Comment